Time: 5.0 hours
Mt. Takao, Michelin three-star mountain, offers great opportunities for hiking and visiting a historic temple, Takaosan Yakuoin Temple. Despite being considered as a part of Tokyo, its surrounding nature and view from the summit is breathtaking.
In this tour, we take a six-minute cable car ride that takes you up to a middle of the mountain. On the way to the summit, you can see old Japanese cedars, varieties of wild plants and birds, and visit Takaosan Yakuoin Temple where the mythological creature Tengu is worshiped. From the summit, there is a beautiful view over Tokyo, and Mt Fuji if weather permits. On the way back to the cable car station, we walk down on mountain trail where you may enjoy wild flowers in the forest.
What you can
- See the station building designed by Kuma Kengo, a famous architect in Japan
- Experience the steepest slop (31.98 degree) with a cable car ride in Japan
- Enjoy Mt.Takao’s beautiful nature
- Visit Takaosan Yakuoin Temple to make a wish
- See a beautiful view over Tokyo, and Mt Fuji if weather permits
- Try delicious local gourmet at the bottom of Mt. Takao
- Visit the stylish TAKAO 599 MUSEUM to rest and learn about the nature of Mt. Takao
Spots we visit
- Takaosan Yakuoin Temple
- Sumiit of Mt.Takao
- TAKAO 599 MUSEUM
- Comfortable footwear is recommended as we walk a lot.
- Please bring a jacket to keep you warm at the top of the mountain.
- Takao is a Quasi-National Park, and it is prohibited to take any plants and there are no trash cans.
- Lunch is not included, but you can stop for a break and eat whenever and wherever you like.
- Expenses NOT included.
You can choose the time from 9:00 am to 11:00 am
The ticket gate at the KEIO TAKAO line, TAKAOSANGUCHI Station
Same as the meeting point
20,000 JPY for 1 to 3 persons
22,500 JPY for 4 to 6 persons