Time: 5.0 hours
Mt. Takao, Michelin three-star mountain, has several mountain trails.
In this tour, we walk on a trail leading to the peak of Mt. Takao via Mt. Inari which is located at the south of Mt. Takao. You can enjoy the trail on the mountain ridge with lots of sunlight, the panoramic scenery from the observatory point and different wild flowers every season: Violet in April, Hydrangea and Gold-banded Lily from June to July, as well as autumn foliage, etc.
Mt. Takao is only 599 m high, but there is a breathtaking view over Tokyo, and Mt Fuji if weather permits.
On the way back, we visit Takaosan Yakuoin Temple where the mythological creature Tengu is worshiped.
From the middle of Mt. Takao, we go down by cable cars or chairlifts
What you can
- See the station building designed by Kuma Kengo, a famous architect in Japan
- Enjoy walking surrounded by Mt.Takao’s beautiful nature
- See a beautiful view over Tokyo, and Mt Fuji if weather permits
- Visit Takaosan Yakuoin Temple to make a wish
- Try delicious local gourmet at the bottom of Mt. Takao
- Visit the stylish TAKAO 599 MUSEUM to rest and learn about the nature of Mt. Takao
Spots we visit
- Asahi Inari shrine
- Sumiit of Mt.Takao
- Takaosan Yakuoin Temple
- TAKAO 599 MUSEUM
- The trail is 3.2 km and it takes roughly 90 minutes to the summit of Mt. Takao.
- Comfortable hiking shoes are recommended as we walk on a mountain trail.
- Please bring a jacket to keep you warm at the top of the mountain.
- Takao is a Quasi-National Park, and it is prohibited to take any plants and there are no trash cans.
- Lunch is not included, but you can stop for a break and eat whenever and wherever you like.
- Expenses NOT included.
You can choose the time from 9:00 am to 11:00 am
The ticket gate at the KEIO TAKAO line, TAKAOSANGUCHI Station
Same as the meeting point
20,000 JPY for 1 to 3 persons
22,500 JPY for 4 to 6 persons